Memphis, TN United States
St. George’s Independent School seeks a passionate, entrepreneurial, and hard-working individual who is energized by work with children and families to serve as a Lower School Teacher beginning August 2024.
As an Episcopal school, St. George’s welcomes and respects all religious, racial, ethnic, and socioeconomic backgrounds. We affirm differences as sources of strength that create a culture of transformative diversity, building upon shared experiences that deepen our humanity and enhance the intellectual, social, spiritual, and moral development of all students. We believe that valuing diversity and inclusion is sacred and living this value transforms our institution, our people, and the greater community.
Duration: Annual Letter of Agreement
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred
- Previous work teaching English Language Arts to 4th-8th grade students preferred
- Two or more years of teaching experience is preferred
- Independent school experience is preferred
The successful candidate will possess skills and experience that would include the ability to:
- use effective teaching methods and deploy an engaging and integrated curriculum, coupled with a thorough knowledge of all subject areas, specifically English Language Arts
- support a program that meets the social, emotional, cognitive, physical, and creative needs of individual students and the community
- manage a classroom environment that is efficient, comfortable, neat, attractive, and engaging
- implement consistent, effective limit-setting discipline for children and create a positive classroom climate
- partner and plan with 4th and 5th grade teaching team to offer small group and individualized help to meet student learning needs while evaluating student learning and progress
- value and create strong communication and partnership with families
Physical Requirements: Regularly sit, turn, bend, reach, walk, talk, hear, and interact with campus visitors as well as others who telephone. Must have the ability to understand and present materials and communicate with constituents and co-workers in a harmonious manner.
Candidates will embrace the school’s mission and educational philosophy; candidates must be willing to work in a team environment and be positive, inspirational, and family-centered.
Interested candidates should complete an online application and upload a cover letter and resume using our online application system. The link to our employment application can be found below.