View the schedule of meeting sessions and special events
Biennial Conference 2016
Wednesday, November 9 - Friday, November 11, 2016
New Orleans Marriott
555 Canal Street [map]
New Orleans, LA 70130
Behold, I Will Do Something New!(Isaiah 43:19)
Innovation, improvisation, entrepreneurship, and an ever-widening understanding of equity, justice, and diversity are the dynamic forces now shaping New Orleans, where we'll explore how these forces are also shaping Episcopal schools.
Thank You Sponsors:
Awards Luncheon - The Church Pension Group
Thursday Morning Coffee - TIAA
Friday Morning Coffee - Doctor of Ministry at Virginia Theological Seminary
Thursday Refresher - Lands' End School Outfitters
Thursday Evening Room Drop - FolioCollaborative
Heads of School & ECE Directors Luncheon - Smart Tuition
Chaplains & Teachers of Religion Luncheon - Living Compass
Affinity Groups Luncheon - Cloud9World
Sponsorships & Tabletop Exhibits:
Get your message in front of hundreds of decision-makers at Episcopal schools across the country. Only two sponsorships remain! Sponsorship Information
At this time, no tabletop exhibit spaces are available.
Related Web Pages and Sites:
Christena S. Cleveland, Ph.D., to Offer Opening Keynote
Here's How to Save By Registering Your Member Group Before September 18
Cindy LaPorte and David Charlton to Be Honored at Biennial Conference 2016
We've reconfigured the Schedule of Sessions and Special Events
. Here's what each registration type brings you!
- Full Conference: Wednesday Deep Dives (registration required), Morning Coffees, General Sessions, Awards Luncheon, Worship Services, Conference Reception, Thursday Refresher, new Regional Gatherings, and 66 unparalleled workshops.
- Friday-Only: Friday Workshops, new Regional Gatherings, and the Closing General Session. Available to individuals from Episcopal schools in the state of Louisiana.
Wednesday's tours and school visit and Friday's Affinity Group Luncheons require the purchase of a ticket.
Who Should Attend:
Biennial Conference is the premier gathering of Episcopal school leaders and friends. Heads of school, administrators, chaplains and teachers of religion, rectors, board and vestry members, and faculty should all plan to attend. The conference's
- speakers and workshops provide unparalleled education. You will be strengthened in the leadership and governance of your school, the articulation of its Episcopal identity, and your personal professional and spiritual development.
- networking events offer opportunities to connect, engage, and share with peers. You will develop friendships and colleague relationships that will sustain you in your work.
- worship services gather attendees for praise, thanksgiving, and celebration. You will be uplifted and reinvigorated.
- community service enables participants to walk the talk of Episcopal schools. You will be able to “serve Christ in all persons.”
Whether you are a first-time attendee or an old hand, we look forward to seeing you.
School attire is recommended for all events.
Cancellation and Other Policies:
These fees are available through
Members Registering After 10/16/2016
Standard Friday Only
Per Person - State of Louisiana Episcopal Schools
Written requests for cancellations must be received on or before Sunday, October 16, 2016. Cancellation requests must be faxed to Palisades Convention Management at (212) 460-5460. Telephone or email cancellations will not be accepted.
NAES will assess a $100 processing fee on all approved refunds received before Sunday, October 16, 2016. Approved refunds will be processed within 15 business days after the conclusion of the conference.
After Sunday, October 16, 2016, no refunds will be made. Refunds will not be given for failure to attend for any reason, late arrival, unattended events, or early departure.
All registrations and reservations are subject to acceptance. Registrations and reservations received without payment will be returned. Registrations are non-transferable and cannot be split among conference attendees.
Walking tours are rain or shine and returns will not be given for inclement weather unless the tour is canceled. NAES, or the tour destination, reserve the right to cancel any tour if the minimum preregistration is not met. In the event of a tour cancellation, all preregistered funds will be refunded. NAES reserves the right to make comparable substitutions if circumstances beyond our control necessitate a change in any element of the program.
Any and all liability of the National Association of Episcopal Schools (NAES) with respect to registration, reservations, cancellations, changes in the location or content of the program, and refunds is limited to a sum no greater than the registration fee paid. Under no circumstances shall NAES be liable for incidental or consequential damages of any kind, including, but not limited to, the cost of transportation or lodging. Submission of registration and payment constitutes acceptance of the terms and conditions herein.
NAES or its contractors may be photographing or videotaping sessions and events at Biennial Conference 2016. By attending the NAES Biennial Conference 2016, attendees understand and agree to allow their likenesses, images, and voices to be used by NAES in association publications and communications, on its website and in marketing or promotional materials. Photo images and videos may also be shared with the media. Attendance at the meeting waives NAES from liability resulting from these uses.
Is Media Allowed?
General Hotel Information:
The New Orleans Marriott is the site of Biennial Conference 2016. All conference activities will take place there unless otherwise noted. The room rate will be $199
per night, plus applicable taxes, for single or double occupancy. The reservation deadline is October 10, 2016.
- By Phone: Call (888) 771-4429. You must ask for the "NAES Biennial Conference 2016" block to secure the special conference rate.
- Online: Go to our dedicated Passkey reservation site at https://resweb.passkey.com/go/NAES16
We urge you to make your reservations today.
We've reconfigured the Schedule of Sessions and Special Events
- Deep Dives, tours, and school visits begin as early as 1:30 p.m. (CST) on Wednesday, November 9.
- The conference begins Thursday, November 10, with Morning Prayer (7:30 a.m.), Morning Coffee (8:00 a.m.) and the Opening General Session (8:45 a.m.).
- The conference ends at 5:15 p.m. (CST) on Friday, November 11.
Please consider this schedule when making your travel arrangements.
Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport
is located approximately 16 miles from the New Orleans Marriott. Airlines serving this airport include Alaska Airlines, Allegiant Air, American Airlines, Delta, Frontier Airlines, JetBlue, Southwest, Spirit Airlines, and United Airlines. Don't forget about getting to and from the airport
New Orleans Marriott Driving and Parking Information
For more information please contact:
Ms. Glenys Natera
Palisades Convention Management
Phone: (212) 460-9700
Fax: (212) 460-5460