Exton, PA United States
Position Available: STEM Instructor
Start Date: 2024-2025 School Year
FLSA Classification: Exempt, Full-time
THE CHURCH FARM SCHOOL
1001 E. Lincoln Highway
Exton, PA 19341
The Church Farm School is an independent boarding and day school for boys in grades 9-12 in the Episcopal tradition. Founded in 1918 and located in Exton, PA, Church Farm School prepares a diverse group of boys with academic ability and good character to lead productive and fulfilling lives by making a college preparatory education financially accessible. Additional information about CFS can be found at www.gocfs.net.
CFS is seeking an enthusiastic individual to serve as a full-time faculty member in the STEM Department beginning in August of 2024 to teach a combination of math, preferably calculus, and physics. Interest and experience with robotics would be a plus. This is a full-time faculty position and requires a minimum of a bachelor’s degree and some teaching experience. A master’s degree is preferred. All CFS faculty share responsibilities in the academic, athletic, residential, and co-curricular life of the school. Full-time faculty teach four class sections, advise, and have evening affiliate duties in the dormitories. Individuals who will enhance our community’s commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion are especially encouraged to apply.
The ideal candidate will join a collaborative STEM department; share the joy of teaching in an all-male, culturally diverse, independent boarding college preparatory school; and will have an understanding and sensitivity to DEI matters as well as possess cross-cultural competency skills.
All candidates must be comfortable in a culturally diverse, all-male student boarding environment, and be able to nurture the development of students’ critical thinking and analytic skills, while also helping them to respond creatively to the world around them.
Specific responsibilities include teaching a combination of courses in math and physics to include precalculus and Calculus AB. A passion for and experience in robotics is desired. The successful candidate will have a degree in a STEM field and possess broad knowledge of and experience with high school math and science curricula. All candidates should be facile in the integration of technology in instruction. As Church Farm School continues to develop 21st century teaching and learning initiatives, the school seeks candidates who will make meaningful contributions to the integration of STEM and Ethical Literacy in the curriculum.
Additional responsibilities include attending faculty meetings, professional development opportunities, and serving as an advisor to a group of students, as well as serving as an affiliate in one of the dormitories. Affiliate duty consists of helping out in a dorm once a week during evening study hours and assisting in weekend activities six to eight times in the course of the school year.
As a member of the Academic Faculty, the STEM Instructor will:
- Provide effective and innovative instruction, including a wide range of instructional strategies in introductory and intermediate STEM courses
- Maintain effective classroom management and execute effective instructional plans
- Demonstrate knowledge of and experience with using technology in the delivery of curriculum and instruction
- Display experience with developing and delivering 21st century teaching/learning methodologies
- Possess an interdisciplinary mindset and a demonstrated ability to partner with colleagues
- Help to promote and maintain a sense of community and collaboration within the department and across all areas of school life
- Be willing to inspire, empower, and work with students at all levels
- Understand and welcome the complexity of teaching a dynamic and diverse group of adolescent boys
- Demonstrate a willingness to support the school’s mission through time, dedication, personal example, actions, and attitude
- Embrace enthusiastically the unique opportunities presented by a boarding school environment
- Cultivate and maintain meaningful, professional relationships with students, families, and members of the CFS community
- Exhibit enthusiasm for and joy in working closely with colleagues and students
- Perform other duties as assigned
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Church Farm School offers competitive salaries, school housing or a housing stipend (when school housing is not available), a generous benefits package including retirement plan and medical insurance. The school is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Church Farm School welcomes and celebrates diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Apply by letter to the address above (attn: Assistant Head of School) or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Include by separate attachments: cover letter indicating passion for the position, resume or curriculum vitae of qualifications and experiences and names and contact information for three professional references. Please enter the position in the subject line of the email.