Adopted by the NAES Governing Board in April 2011, this document is intended to:
- affirm the commitment of Episcopal schools to chapel programs that are creative, inclusive, and draw fully upon the liturgical resources of the Episcopal Church.
- offer a broad perspective on the goals, purposes, structure, and best practices for Episcopal school chapel and worship.
- support Episcopal schools in their efforts to develop meaningful, age-appropriate worship that is aligned with each school’s mission and culture and that nurtures the spiritual lives of all members of the school community.
- help Episcopal schools to engage their larger community in dialogue about the role of chapel and worship.
- serve as a useful tool for the school’s assessment of its chapel program, whether undertaken independently or as part of an accreditation process.