[Beauvoir] Beauvoir, the National Cathedral Elementary School in Washington, DC is pleased to announce the 2012 Voices for Learning Summer Institute for early childhood, elementary and middle school teachers. A variety of curricular and experiential learning opportunities are offered through our Center for Teaching and Learning. Workshops and courses include:
- 4 distinct math workshops that support rich learning and instruction, from early number sense to fractions and decimals
- 2 classes for K-12 teachers which consider the science of learning in understanding children’s variations, seen every day in the classroom, and implementing strategic interventions that lead to student success
- A research-based program building best practices in literacy development with preschoolers
- A writers workshop that goes beyond the basics of conferring, evaluating and developing non-narrative units of study
- A world language workshop where planning of thematic units includes selecting authentic activities to suit all learning styles and to facilitate instruction in the target language
- 2 programs that provide school communities with the tools necessary to build positive school climate and culture in highly interactive learning environments
For a complete list and description of all summer offerings and to register, go to http://www.beauvoirschool.org/voicesforlearning.
Questions? Email Pat Luce at email@example.com or call (202) 537-5253.
Consider joining us this summer on the beautiful grounds of the Washington National Cathedral. We look forward to seeing you!