The NAES Executive Director Search Committee has issued a call for nominations and applications. Please click on the below-listed "Related File" link to download a PDF containing a letter from the Search Committee chair, a brief description of the mission of the Association, a description of the Executive Director position and directions for nominating candidates or making direct application.
The deadline for all application materials is December 1, 2006. (Please note that the deadline date was listed incorrectly as December 1, 2007 in the paper mailing sent the week of October 16.) The Search Committee hopes to complete its work and send a name to the Governing Board for its approval by March 1, 2007 so that a new director can be in place by July 1, 2007.
To nominate a candidate for the Committee’s consideration, please contact the Search Committee by e-mail at <NAESsearch@vts.edu>, or write the Chair directly:
The Rev. Roger A. Ferlo, Ph.D.
NAES Search Committee Chair
Virginia Theological Seminary
3737 Seminary Road
Alexandria, Virginia 22304
Candidates applying directly must e-mail to <NAESsearch@vts.edu> the following materials:
- a cover letter detailing the reasons for their interest in the position;
- a full curriculum vitae;
- the names, addresses, telephone numbers and email addresses of four to six references; and
- a short vision statement describing their educational philosophy, with particular reference to the principal qualities that distinguish our schools as Episcopal.
Candidates are asked not to send materials in hard copy; all materials must be submitted in electronic form.
The Search Committee is comprised of the following current and past NAES Governing Board members:
- The Rev. Roger A. Ferlo, Ph.D., Search Committee Chair, and Director, Center for Lifetime Theological Education, Virginia Theological Seminary, Alexandria, Virginia
- Miguel J. Brito, Head of School, St. Philip’s Academy, Newark, New Jersey;
- David H. Charlton, Ed.D., President, Church Schools in the Diocese of Virginia, Richmond, Virginia
- Merrily Dunlap, Member, Commission on Schools, Diocese of Los Angeles, California
- Lucy C. Nazro, Head of School, St. Andrew’s Episcopal School, Austin, Texas
- Karen O. Strimple, Retired Head of School, St. Columba’s Nursery School, Washington, DC