Applications from National Association of Episcopal Schools (NAES) member schools for 2010-2011 Outreach Fund grants are due in the Association’s office at 5:00 pm (EDT) on Tuesday, June 1, 2010. To download a PDF containing eligibility and priority criteria, guidelines, and an application cover sheet, click here.
About NAES Outreach Fund Grants
Each school year NAES designates 10% of its budgeted Annual Fund goal or $12,000, whichever is higher, to be distributed in the form of grants to members, associate members and regional, state or diocesan Episcopal schools organizations. These grants support projects commensurate with the mission and philosophy of the Association, including:
- Mission-focused projects
- School outreach projects
- Programs designed to strengthen a school’s Episcopal identity
- Need-based scholarships for attending Biennial Conference (available only for Biennial Conference years)
Click here for a list of 2009-2010 Outreach Fund grant recipients.
For 2010-2011 grants to be awarded this June 30, 2010, NAES will have $12,000 to distribute. The maximum grant request allowed is $1,000.
Eligibility and Priority Criteria Newly Revised
In recent years, applications for Outreach Fund Grant have increased exponentially, from five (5) applications for 2006-2007 to 47 in 2008-2009. NAES is encouraged by the increase in interest and is excited to extend support to so many of our schools through this part of its ministry. That said and given the funds available, NAES is no longer able to fund all project submissions either fully or in part. In response to this situation, the NAES Governing Board voted at its January 2010 meeting to revise the eligibility and priority criteria for outreach fund grants as follows:
- Requests for grants will be considered from member schools, or diocesan bishops on behalf of member schools. Requests will also be considered from regional and diocesan Episcopal schools organizations.
- All schools applying for Outreach Fund Grants must be a member school for both the current year in which they apply and the year in which the grant is received.
- Priority shall be given to those schools who have not received a grant in previous years, do not have budgets that accommodate the project requested, and have been long-standing members of NAES.
The Association looks forward to receiving your school’s outreach fund grant application. Questions and completed applications should be directed to Linda A. Glad, CAE, CMP, director of operations, whose contact information is listed at the bottom of this page.
The National Association of Episcopal Schools (NAES) is an independently incorporated, voluntary membership organization that supports, serves, and advocates for the vital work and ministry of those who serve over 1,200 Episcopal schools, Early Childhood education programs, and school establishment efforts throughout The Episcopal Church. Chartered in 1965, with historic roots dating to the 1930s, NAES is the only pre-collegiate educational association that is both national in scope and Episcopal in character. The Association offers a variety of services, publications, resources, and conferences consonant with its mission and focused principally on Episcopal school identity, leadership, and governance, and on the spiritual and professional development of school leaders.