Welcome the new NAES web site, designed to help members and associate members better locate and access the resources they need and to inform the Church and general public about the good news that is the mission and ministry of Episcopal schools and NAES.
Key New Aspects of the Site
Some things have remained the same on this new site, like the main URL, https://www.episcopalschools.org/. Others have been relocated or revamped completely. The most important change has been the vast reduction in the number of password-protected pages. Members-only materials are still plentiful (and marked with a padlock icon). But now, in almost every case, you can learn about these materials before logging in to access them.
Second on the list of changes is the new "Library" area of the Resources section. Here you will find a series of subject-based pages containing questions & answers, documents and web links. These subject pages will come online over the remainder of July, so check back periodically to see what’s new. Whether it’s a NAES-produced resource or other materials and links that you share or NAES identifies itself, this is the place where you’ll find it. We think you’ll find this new feature most helpful.
User Names and Passwords Remain the Same
Your use name and password remain the same ones you used with the previous site. The log In is now clearly visible just below the Association’s logo on the left. Please remember that the entry process for these items is case-sensitive. Members and associate members may change/edit their user name and password by logging in using their current credentials and then clicking on Manage Personal Profile in the upper right corner of the site.
Eight Main Sections
- About NAES – NAES’ ministry, mission and philosophy explained; staff list with contact information; a list of the Governing Board members; NAES’ strategic plan and annual reports; its Principles of Good Practice; a statement on the qualities that distinguish a school as Episcopal; and answers to frequently asked questions about NAES and Episcopal schools.
- Bookstore – The place to purchase NAES books, pamphlets and other publications.
- Calendar – Peruse a list of NAES events and deadlines and events of other Episcopal schools and educational organizations.
- Careers – Directions on how to post a job announcement and for ordering mailing labels; freely accessible listings of Episcopal school jobs in seven categories; and answers to job seekers’ frequently asked career questions.
- Events – Information about and links to registration for Biennial Conference, ChapToR, Early Childhood Education Program Leadership Days, Heads Retreat and the Leadership & Governance Institute.
- Find a School – A public, searchable database of NAES member and associate member schools, Early Childhood Education programs and school exploration committees.
- Membership – Information on school, Early Childhood Education program and school exploration committee membership and associate membership; corporate subscriptions; and individual and foundation support.
- Resources – A list of Corporate Subscribers offering goods and services; the Library; a searchable Members’ Directory; sample and back issues of Network and a cumulative index since August 1998; links to Organizations you should know; a link to the Principles of Good Practice; and our new Proud Member Logo for members’ and associate members’ web and print use.
Home Page Features
- Log In is now more obvious, located just below the Association’s logo on the left.
- Below the login box are Quick Links to the site’s more important features and services. These will change as you move from section to section of the site.
- Links to the site’s eight main sections are lcoated in the horizontal bar just above the main photograph and the Association’s name.
- Who We Are is a brief statement about NAES and provides links to information about NAES and a statement on the “principal qualities that distinguish a school as Episcopal.”
- News will feature important announcements on a rotating basis and a link to an archive of announcements.
- Links to Manage Personal Profile (members-only), Contact NAES, and Site Search are in the upper right corner of the site.
- House Ads in the right column link you to pages for upcoming events or new resources. These same graphical links will be found on every page of the site.
If, as you move through the site, you have questions, comments or encounter difficulties, please contact David Schnabel, Conferences & Communications Coordinator, at 800.2334.7626, ext. 6182, or 212.716.6182, or firstname.lastname@example.org. He’ll be glad to guide you to the right page and to collect your feedback. Again, welcome to the new NAES web site.